A cookie is a file that is downloaded on your computer to access certain websites. Cookies allow a webpage among other things to save and retrieve information about users’ browsing habits or his/her computer, and depending on the information that is contained and the way it is used; it can be used to recognize the user.
What type of cookies does the Fundació General de la Universitat de València use?
Additionally, Analytical cookies allow us to quantify the number of users and carry out the measurement and statistical analysis of the usage of users of the services provided. For that purpose we analyse your browsing on our web page with the objective of improving the range of services that we offer. Under no circumstances is the information of an identified user used for the creation of any type of profile.
In the FGUV we respect the privacy of our users, and at the same time we continuously work to improve the navigation of our page in accordance the needs or interests to determine the frequency that users use our services and to know the statistical usage data.
The information is only used internally with the objective of increasing our understanding of user behaviour on the webpage. This information is an important tool for us and to improve the content quality and the services offered.
Permission, Blocking or Elimination
The cookies of this web site can be restricted, blocked or deleted at any time by modifying the configuration of your browser according to the indicated guidelines. Even though the settings of each browser are different, we provide you with great detail the configuration of cookies in all the major internet browsers:
- Internet Explorer: Tools -> Internet options-> Privacy -> Configuration. For more information you can consult Microsoft support or Browser Help.
- Firefox: Tools -> Options -> Privacy -> History -> Personalised Configuration. For more information, you can consult Mozilla Support or Browser Help.
- Chrome: Configuration -> Show Advanced Options -> Privacy -> Configuration of content. For more information you can consult Google support or Browser Help.
- Safari: Preferences -> Security. For more information you can consult Apple support or Browser Help.
Even when the user configures his/her browser to block cookies or to expressly block cookies of the FGUV, one can navigate on the web site with the only inconvenience of not being able to enjoy the features that require the installation of some of them.
In any event the user is able to eliminate the “cookies” at any time by following the established procedure in the help section of your browser.
- ANALYTICAL COOKIES: are types of cookies that are used to collect statistics about the general activity of the user visiting the web page. The information compiled is anonymous and makes it possible to optimize the browsing on our web page and to guarantee better service for the user. The user can exclude his/her activity through exclusion systems provided by analytical tools.
- SESSION COOKIES: are types of cookies designed to collect and store data while the user is accessing a web page.
- PERSISTENT COOKIES: are types of cookies in which the data is still stored in the terminal and can be accessed and processed for a definite period by the head of the cookie..
- COOKIES THEMSELVES (of the FGUV): are those which are sent from the user’s terminal from a computer or domain managed by the FGUV itself and from which the service requested by the user is given.
- THIRD PARTY COOKIES: are those cookies that are sent to a user’s computer terminal that are not managed by the FGUV, but by another entity that processes the data obtained through the cookies.